Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
June 25, 2007, 9:34 pm
rate this thread
I have an ACER Aspire 1705. I tried to connect once a hand made usb
cable and since then 3 out of the 4 usb are not working, possibly are
burned. One of them was giving still power until last week but couldn't
The 4th one kept working for 3 years, until last week, where something
happened and both stopped working.
Not having a USB, I tried a PCMCIA to USBx4 card. The card freezes my
PC when I'm using a USB stick, no mention for something better. I
attached the extra 5V power, I installed the correct drivers but
I need your precious advise on the following:
1. Is there any way to see what really happened to my 4 USB?Even if
they were fried, is there a software who will show that, so I could talk
with evidence and not with assumptions? Any way to repair these USB?
2. Is there a way to make the PCMCIA work perfectly? I have seen many
people having the same problem with USB-PCMCIA cards
3. Is there any other way to get a more reliable USB from anywhere
(parallel, floppy, touchpad, anywhere, anywhere) to mount my external
Please advise, you are my last faith.
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware