Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Compaq Laptop can't boot off hard drive.
November 12, 2007, 4:01 am
rate this thread
can't boot from.
The BIOS system tests recognize it but when booting a little flashing underscore
is all I get.
I put the drive in another laptop and it works fine. I took a 40gig out of
another laptop and that
one did the same thing in this compaq, so it's the laptop not the drives. I put
a 6gig into
the compaq and that one boots without a problem.
Any ideas? All the drives have .5amp power, all work in other laptops. It's
like the compaq
can't boot off any large drives even when the bios recognizes the drive
RE: Compaq Laptop can't boot off hard drive.
can ONLY boot off
Toshiba drives? I have 2 and they happen to be smaller (6 gig and 2 gig) and it
on them but won't boot off ANY other hard drive (IBM and Hitachi 4gigs, 6 gigs).
The larger drives that I wanted to put in are Seagates.
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware
- » 10,000 RPM? - think twice before you throw money at a Raptor
- — Previous thread in » Computer Hardware