Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- chirp from motherboard speaker
May 4, 2008, 7:53 pm
rate this thread
every 60 seconds. The machine had been off for about 6 hours. I disconnected
my PC speakers and turned off the switch on the back of the pc, but it
continued to chirp every 60 seconds until I pulled the speaker connection
off the board. This is an Asus P4C800-E- Deluxe, and there is nothing in the
book regarding any chirp. I reconnected it in the morning and it wouldn't
chirp. I did replace the CMOS battery thinking it could be a low batt
warning, but I haven't been able to find out anything definitive. Any help
Re: chirp from motherboard speaker
Hmm, well it doesn't sound like the moby is causing it so it does begin to look
like a CMOS battery issue. I've never heard of them causing a beep, but as they
have a lifetime of more than 5 years then this could be a "new" thing (I'm
easily 5 years out of date with PC hardware).
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum