Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Bootable CD with USB HD support?
September 14, 2008, 7:22 pm
rate this thread
I have a laptop problem (Acer,WinXP pro) and it won't boot from HD. It says
there is a file missing (pci.sys). No other available boot modes work.
It belongs to a friend. It was working, then she locked it, and when she
returned to use it there was (apparently) a blue screen with lots of writing
I have booted from a simple freedos CD and can navigate and view files
(FAT32). But what I'd like to do is boot from a CD with USB support so I can
copy the files onto an external USB HD. The laptop was backed up recently
(within a week or so).
Can anyone suggest as simple way of doing this that will not alter the
contents of the laptop's disk as it would appear to be dying.
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware
- » Problema disallineamento testine su stampante Epson.
- — Previous thread in » Computer Hardware