Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- APC support for software download - amazing
January 17, 2007, 4:21 am
rate this thread
The web site https://www.apcc.com/tools/download/ is amzingly BAD.
My experience in chronologial order.
1. Purchased 750VA UPS, inclusing version 1.5 PowerChute Personal Edition
2. Went to this site after registering my UPS and giving the contact
3. Selected PowerChute Personal Edition 2.0, clicked Contine
4. Selected OS and logged in again
5. Clicked Donload Now
6. Landed on FTP login dialog
7. Did try all "standard" username password combinations
8. None of those worked (STRIKE 1)
9. Filed an information request on APC site
10. Got an e-mail with text
You can also try the following credentials.
11. The wording that I can try this username password combination was not
12. Did try it and it didn't work (STRIKE 2)
13. Did reply to the sender that it didn't work
14. Next e-mail from APC told me (STRIKE 3)
Your recent incident update was from an email address not associated
with the incident.
15. The reson for that is that I was using an e-mail forwarding service
16. I have not received so bad S/W maintenance service from any other source
17. This should not be a huge commercial secret or security threat for
18. My solution for the problem was to fin in internet an alternative source
to donload the required S/W update
19. There were no problems to get it from a 3rd part vendor (free of course)
So far my experience with the H/W is good. The software is "very basic".
Re: APC support for software download - amazing
mail dot c o m> wrote:
Support at most larger companies is pretty poor these days,
I wouldn't think your experience is anything atypical, not
isolated to APC.
Fortunately, it seems you either have a unique problem with
your login, or their server was just temporarily
malfunctioning as this link works,