Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- WLI2-CF-S11 wifi card and kismet
January 25, 2005, 11:48 am
rate this thread
under OpenZaurus 3.5.2 on a Zaurus SL-C700. This card requires the
orinoco_cs driver. I understand this driver requires a patch to use
RFMON. When I use the patched driver and try "iwpriv eth0", there is
no ioctl shown for *monitor" mode. Kismet also claims it cannot put
the NIC into monitor mode.
Does anyone know if this card supports monitor (RFMON) mode ? I
understand I will need this for use with kismet.
Any ideas would be most welcome.
Re: WLI2-CF-S11 wifi card and kismet
Good question(WTF on a Palm Pilot group crosspost). It may in fact be
more appropriate to ask in a general linux- or wifi-related group, than
general handhelds/portables groups. Aside from that, don't know if it
does. What brand and chipset is it? Maybe you can get more info on the
card using it a laptop with pcmcia-cf adaptor and testing with kismet,
given you already have the card.
- » Prove corrective update for Microsoft Internet Explorer
- — Next thread in » Handheld Computing Forum
- » Continuing BackupBuddy probs. - whats BB's backup format?
- — Previous thread in » Handheld Computing Forum
- » RPN/RPL Calculator implementations, list of, regular post [long, FAQ]
- — Newest thread in » Handheld Computing Forum