Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- ActiveSync can't find device
August 30, 2004, 1:24 am
rate this thread
I have an old Ipaq 3600 who - despite it's age - still served me well until
just recently, when I accidentally dropped it and caused it to hard reset.
All my data were lost.
Luckily I have it all backed up on my laptop, and I am now trying to restore
it to the device. My problem is, that ActiveSync cannto detect my device.
I've read many of MS knowledge base articles and found that you have connect
as guest, restore the data and then do a soft reset, before re-inserting the
I've deleted the old partnership in ActiveSync, and I've also made sure that
my ZoneAlarm firewall allows ActiveSync access to internet and to act as
server. I've tried changing the baud rates on my device, but despite all
this, ActiveSync still cannot find my device (not even as guest), when
looking through the COM, IR and USB ports (ActiveSync - Tools - Get
When I try to click 'ActiveSync' (Programs - connections) on my device it
just says that I must establish a partnership with desktop, before running
Now, I have all my old data, but don't know how to get the first conection
and restore it to my device. I'm sure the issue has been brought up and
solved before, but I can't seem to find the right documentation, neither
with MS nor in the news groups. Can anyone tell me how to get my device to
- » I HAVE NO MORE HAIR...Can anyone help with KSE Truefax 2004 for Windows Mobile 2003 and a ...
- — Previous thread in » Handheld Computing Forum
- » RPN/RPL Calculator implementations, list of, regular post [long, FAQ]
- — Newest thread in » Handheld Computing Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum