Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Lonnie Clay
June 22, 2011, 3:20 pm
rate this thread
sed a suspicious never before seen popup to appear. I had been expecting so=
mething of this nature to occur because I made a joke about Marilyn Monroe =
taking over God's throne. In the movie there is a scene where Tommy is take=
n to a place where they worship Marilyn, and a hilarious scene follows when=
he overturns her statue...
My solution at the first on Comcast was to immediately do a reset my Safari=
browser. When a weird message popped up at gmail in the process of accessi=
ng the spam folder I reset Safari and powered down the machine.
If I am making a false alarm, then there is no harm done, but I suspect tha=
t the popup is to cause the user to enable master account privileges for th=
e current account, with the bogus request to report error message substitut=
ing for the normal privilege requestor.=20
Lonnie Courtney Clay
- » ICISC 2011 CFP (Seoul, South Korea) : paper submission due: August 31, 2011.
- — Next thread in » General Computer Security
- » HPSBUX02657 SSRT100460 rev.1 - CIFS Server (Samba), Remote Execution of Arbitrary Code, De...
- — Previous thread in » General Computer Security
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum