Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Somebody is scanning your computer ...
January 25, 2005, 11:12 pm
rate this thread
Just had this message pop-up from my Sygate Personal Firewall when I
accessed Hotmail after clicking a link to email someone from within MSN
Somebody is scanning your computer.
Your computer's UDP ports:
1904, 2006, 2027, and 2122 have been scanned from 18.104.22.168..
I tried the same thing again, but no warning occurred.
WHOIS shows MS Hotmail
Why would Hotmail be scanning those ports?
Bearing in mind I am behind a Draytek 2600 NAT router, and running a
software firewall, I am intrigued to say the least.
Re: Somebody is scanning your computer ...
Answer packets from:
wolfgang@arthur-dent:~> host 22.214.171.124
126.96.36.199.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer echo-v2.msgr.hotmail.com.
They are not, it is just your firewall placebo, that is a bit confused,
nothing more. So please ask the vendor of that totally braindead firewall
simulation why their piece of software crap is not only totally useless but
also misinterprets udp answer packets as an atatck.
- » EC-Councils' Technical Director to deliver Ethical Hacker course in London
- — Next thread in » General Computer Security
- » Request for input from someone who has hired or managed an ex-hacker
- — Previous thread in » General Computer Security