Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- security software for linux and mac
July 4, 2007, 5:43 pm
rate this thread
Plenty of stuff on it for Windows systems but I would like to add
other formats ie Mac and Linux. I have search the net for free
security software for the mac and Linux systems but not sure what I am
looking at with these systems.
Can anybody on here recommend any freeware security software for Mac
Cheers in advance
Re: security software for linux and mac
Firewall (Linux, Enterprise Class)
Website: http://www.safesquid.com/html /
Free Edition: SafeSquid Composite 20 Ver. 4.1.1 (usable in a 20 user
Prerequisite: Registration on forum (free) at http://www.safesquid.com/forum /
SafeSquid is a Content Filtering Proxy Server.
* Has a browser based interface.
* Multi-Threaded Architecture, delivers fast throughput, even while
providing extreme content analysis and security.
* An intelligent DNS cache
* Extremely Manageable Content Caching System
* Configurable content pre-fetching that allows fast browsing of
often viewed web-sites.
* Lets you create unlimited and extremely granular Internet Policies
to define and deal with unlimited number of unique factors depending
upon user / network / web-site / mime-type / size / time etc.
* Allows you to create unlimited number of policies for allowing or
advertisement banners, etc., and even any part of the protocol header
to ensure graded exchange of private information, from each web-site.
* Real-time text analysis and Image analysis besides categorized web-
site databases ensure complete blocking of pornography or replacing
* Users can be authenticated from a remote WINDOWS ADS / OpenLDAP
* Allows you, to throttle speed for low priority users or
* Use a variety of antivirus Software like ClamAV and any other ICAP
based antivirus to stop viruses before they reach the client systems.
* Allows you to customize the various templates, that are displayed
when access or content is denied to the user.
* SafeSquid's logs can be analyzed to create an exhaustive user
* It takes less than 3 minutes to install SafeSquid on a Linux based
* Has special features for use in clusters.
- » 16th USENIX Security Symposium Registration Now Open
- — Previous thread in » General Computer Security