Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
December 2, 2005, 1:44 am
rate this thread
I am learning how to configure RBAC and I used one of the examples that
I found on the internet to implement them. Unfortunatelly even by
following it, I am unable to make it work. Can someone take a look at
what I am doing and tell me where is the problem.
1) I added a user john:
getent passwd john
2) now I created a role : roleA
# roleadd -d /export/home/roleA -m roleA
3) created a password for a role
# passwd roleA
Re-enter new Password:
passwd: password successfully changed for roleA
4) now I am adding authorizations to the role. Crypto Management in
# rolemod -P "Crypto Management" roleA
5) ...now verification
# profiles -l roleA
6) now I am assigning roleA to the user
# usermod -R roleA john
7) and check if the role has been assigned to the user
# roles john
john : roleA
8) everything seem to be fine. Role is created, it has authorizations
assigned, and role is assigned to the user.
so now I do su roleA enter password and do
roleA$ cryptoadm stop
instead of stoping the service, i get a message back cryptoadm: not
Please help me learn that because I have been trying so many times
without any success
- » Distribution of encrypted content and DRM - technologies( a patent spoiler?).
- — Next thread in » General Computer Security
- » HPSBMA01076 SSRT4787 Revised - HP Systems Insight Manager (SIM) for HP-UX Remote Denial of...
- — Previous thread in » General Computer Security