Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- new virus(es) ?
July 4, 2004, 10:09 am
rate this thread
0. it altered my registry file, including scrambling the Product Key
number (it would seem)
1. it turned my notepad application into an exe with attachments
sitting inside of EXCEL files with nonsense names (3 of them) - sorry
i killed them w/o checking to see what they would do.
2. it created a XLADDIN.chw file (it is supposed to be "chm"), which
AdAware removed from the registry, but the file is still present.
3. it installed an application for "carnival casino".
4. the latest version of Norton did nothing (what a surprise).
5. with the speed that I naviagate the net, it's possible that I have
two different events spaced by about six minutes. I've done what I
can, but I'm afraid when I shut down, it'll need a fresh install to
get me back. ugh.