Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Lionel Garth Jones
September 24, 2007, 8:27 pm
rate this thread
LISA '07 is coming up in November. New activities are still being added.
Take a look at a few of the reasons to attend:
# 1. Top-Notch Training
Highly respected experts provide you with new information and skills you
can take back to work to tomorrow. This year's program includes:
* David N. Blank-Edelman on Over the Edge System Administration
* Gerald Carter on Implementing [Open]LDAP Directories
* Jacob Farmer on Disk-to-Disk Backup and Eliminating Backup System
* Æleen Frisch & Kyrre Begnum on Virtualization: VMs! What Are They
* Rudi van Drunen on Hardware for the (Software-Oriented) Sysadmin
* And more . . .
The full training program can be found at:
# 2. Invited Talks
Industry luminaries discuss timely and important topics such as:
* Keynote address by John Strassner, Motorola Fellow and Vice President,
Autonomic Networking and Communications, Motorola Research Labs, on
"Autonomic Administration: HAL 9000 Meets Gene Roddenberry"
* Bruce Moxon, Network Appliance, Inc., "A Service-Oriented Data Grid:
Beyond Storage Virtualization"
* Erik Nygren, Akamai Technologies, "Experiences with Scalable Network
Operations at Akamai"
* Kenneth G. Brill, Uptime Institute, "The Economic Meltdown of Moore's
* And more . . .
# 3. You'll See It Here First
Cutting-edge practices and new or developing work are presented in the
Refereed Papers Track, the Work-in-Progress Reports, and our new Poster
Note: Poster submissions are open until October 14, 2007. Submitting a
poster is a great way to let other people know about your work and to
meet other people who are interested in the same issues. Find out more
# 4. Get Answers to Your Toughest Questions in Guru Is In and Hit the
Ground Running Sessions
Check out the full technical program at:
# 5. Mingle with Industry Leaders
The "hallway track," evening events, and the Vendor Exhibition offer
additional opportunities to network with peers to gain that
all-important insider IT knowledge.
Take a look at the entire list of activities at:
Don't miss this opportunity to benefit from peer interaction on the
topics that mean the most to you.
For complete program information and to register, see:
The Early Bird Registration Discount Deadline is coming:
Register by Friday, October 19, and save up to $300!
Bringing 5 or more people from the same organization? Take advantage of
the Multiple Employee Discount. For more details, see:
We're pleased to bring LISA to Dallas, TX, and we look forward to
seeing you there.
Paul Anderson, University of Edinburgh
LISA '07 Program Chair
P.S.: Please note the Special Attendee Room Rate: $175 single/double
plus 15% tax at the Hyatt Regency Dallas.
21st Large Installation System Administration Conference
November 11-16, 2007, Dallas, TX
Early Bird Registration Deadline: October 19, 2007
Sponsored by USENIX and SAGE
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum