Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- how to protect confidential document
- Victor Valacco
August 28, 2007, 6:40 am
rate this thread
The doc is actually an auditing process manual. It's a
600+ page manual of procedures that has "proprietary and
confidential" wording on every page. Our customer recently posted an
RFP for the contract we're working on, which ends in a year. There's
a fear in upper management that this document maybe forwarded to
potential competitors. Over 150 users need to view this document daily
for processing purposes, so they want to put some type of security
control in place.
I was thinking we put it on an internal webserver, where users have to check a
disclaimer before they get to the actual
Of course that doesn't prevent them from copy/paste the thing.but at least they
know of the importance of this document.
What ways are there to prevent them from copying the whole doc.
I am not talking about computer savvy people, just the "regular" office users.
Re: how to protect confidential document
If "proprietary and confidential" on every page doesn't get the idea
across, I doubt anything else will do better.
Barry Margolin, email@example.com
*** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
*** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***
- » Advice, security specification calls for using system login to do login to web application
- — Next thread in » General Computer Security
- » HPSBUX02249 SSRT071442 rev.1 HP-UX Running the Ignite-UX or the DynRootDisk (DRD) get_syst...
- — Previous thread in » General Computer Security
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum