Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- help needed in hard drive replacement
December 20, 2005, 3:40 pm
rate this thread
hard drives - the second one has only data - and try to install one
hard drive first to install O/S.
I set the jumpers of the hard drive to master when installing it even
though I am installing only one hard rive now.
I am stuck at the satge " NTLDR missing" and do not know how to
Note that I didn't not make any boot disk for my old PC.
I have windows '98 boot disk - got from the course I wss taking to
learn computer repair a bit - but not Win 98 Operating System cd. I
have Window XP, the one w/o any service pack, the one with serivce pack
1, and the one with service pack 2.
In my old hardrive that is damaged, I used the one without any service
pack because initially, I was upgrading it from windows 2000 and later
downloaded the service packs. I did reformat that hard drive last year
September - actually a friend of mine did it - and reinstalled windows
XP using the same installation cd.
(1) Can anyone guide me in proceeding?
(2) As for the second hard drive I took out from my pc, can I just put
it in another PC as the second hard drive and not need to do anything
and be able to access my data in that drive?
Re: help needed in hard drive replacement
1. You can find the term NTLDR in A+ Certification Book. Be remember,
every time you use your hard dive as a NTFS format, be aware NTLDR
file. It may be remissing.
2. You can use your second hard disk in another computer as a slave.
You must set the jumper setting as a slave and this computer's original
hard disk as a primary.
- » HPSBUX02089 SSRT5983 rev.1 - HP-UX Running Software Distributor (SD) Remote Unauthorized A...
- — Next thread in » General Computer Security
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum