Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Gmail security?
- The Doctor
February 20, 2009, 7:44 pm
rate this thread
I had an interesting situation where for three in 2 days I got a message
from gmail saying that I was locked out of my account. I was using chrome
to access it at home and Firefox 3 from work. Yesterday I saw a message
saying that I have purchased a piece of computer equipment from an online
computer store which I didn't. I rang the store and computer equipment
was picked up by someone over 100km from me. So obviously someone has gain
access to my gmail. I thought I had a secure password. Any idea?
Re: Gmail security?
1) I'm unfamiliar with the credit card laws of Australia. However, I
believe you had better check with your issuers and examine your accounts
for bogus charges. Checking with your bank would also be in order.
2) Cancel your Gmail account. Does Telstra offer free email addresses
at your level of service?
3) Run full scans on your home & work computers with known good
antimalware applications. You should be paying particular attention for
spyware. SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS) is very good.
100K from you is much more than a coincidence! Start thinking locally
about security intrusions both at home and at work.
Please post follow ups with your progress and let's hope you aren't a
victim of identity theft.
1PW @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]
- » How to detect which certificate is necessary for a certain web page?
- — Previous thread in » General Computer Security