Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Disk to Disk copy
- Neil Jones
February 8, 2009, 12:43 pm
rate this thread
I have an external hard disk where I backup my files and system backups.
Yesterday, I purchased a larger external hard disk and want to transfer
everything to the new disk.
The only command I have noticed is DISKCOPY which might do this. Will
this copy everything from the source disk to destination disk? Will the
Vista backup directories and shadow (backup) files be copied too?
Is there any other tool (preferably freeware) that will do this for me?
Thank you in advance.
Re: Disk to Disk copy
Download Clonezilla Live CD (freeware).
Boot from CD.
Create an image of the hard disk, then write the image to the new hard disk.
The website will have instructions, but it is menu driven and not too
hard to follow.
Doing it via an image will guarantee _everything_ will get copied.
- » Last Call for Papers: The 2009 International Conference on Security and Management (SAM'...
- — Next thread in » General Computer Security
- » Good content blocker/site blocker for Vista workstation?
- — Previous thread in » General Computer Security
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum