Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Uninstall Microsoft Live One Care?
October 13, 2006, 5:07 pm
rate this thread
Re: Uninstall Microsoft Live One Care?
benefit of others:
"From your description, I understand that after removing Windows Live
OneCare, Panda cannot be installed onto the system, indicating OneCare is
still installed. If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. This issue is caused by
certain Windows Live OneCare registry keys that remaining in the system. I
suggest we perform the following steps to delete them manually:
1. Restart your computer.
2. Click Start, click Run, type "regedit" (without quotation marks) in the
Open box, and then click OK.
3. In the left pane, expand to the following registry key:
Note: if the registry cannot be found, please go ahead to install Panda
again and check the result.
4. Right click on "MalwareProtection" and choose Permissions.
5. Select "Administrators" from the list and then check "Allow" next to the
"Full Control" entry.
6. Click OK. Right click on "MalwareProtection" and choose Delete.
7. Restart your computer and install Panda again."