Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
January 6, 2009, 5:37 pm
rate this thread
January 2009 edition now available on www.virusbtn.com
Happy new year from the Virus Bulletin team.
NEW YEAR, NEW ANTI-MALWARE JOB?
Looking for a job in the anti-malware industry? Looking to
recruit? The VB job directory provides a central point where
anybody interested in a job in the anti-malware field can find
the relevant information. Jobs are searchable by country, date
and keyword, and recruiters can post and update their own ads
free of charge. See http://www.virusbtn.com/resources/jobs /
For subscribers, the January issue of Virus Bulletin offers:
* Welcome 2009: What will 2009 bring for computer security?
Will we have a better year than the last one? Graham Cluley
makes some predictions.
* Anti-unpacker tricks - part two: New anti-unpacking tricks
continue to be developed because the older ones are
constantly being defeated. Peter Ferrie describe some tricks
that might become common in the future, along with some
* A day in the life of an average user: Are we being attacked
every minute? Gabor Szappanos researches the dangers of being
an average computer user.
* Advancing malware techniques 2008: Alisa Shevchenko presents
an overview of protection bypassing techniques found in
current Windows-targeting malware.
* MicroWorld eScan Internet Security 10: The VB testing team
put MicroWorld Technologies' eScan Internet Security Suite
through its paces and find a top-class level of protection
with much to offer.
* Introducing VB anti-spam testing: Virus Bulletin has decided
to use the experience gained during more than a decade of
anti-malware comparative testing to develop a regular
anti-spam product test. Martijn Grooten outlines the proposed
Get your diaries for the must-attend events coming up in the next
8-10 weeks (for a full list of upcoming anti-malware events for
the rest of the year see http://www.virusbtn.com/news/calendar /):
- FIRST Technical Colloquium on Computer Security Incident
Handling 2009. January 19-21. Riga, Latvia. See
- Black Hat DC 2009. February 16-19. Washington, DC. USA. See
- MAAWG 15 (members only). February 17-19. San Francisco, CA,
USA. See http://www.maawg.org/news/events /
- CanSecWest. March 16-20. Vancouver, Canada. See
- Gartner Identity & Access Management Summit 2009. March
23-24. London, UK. See
- SecurAsia Congress. March 25-26. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia See
- Black Hat Europe 2009. April 14-17. Amsterdam, Netherlands.
See http://www.blackhat.com /
- RSA Conference 2009. April 20-24. San Francisco, CA, USA. See
- Computer Forensics Show. April 27-29. Washington, DC, USA.
See http://www.computerforensicshow.com /
- Infosecurity Europe 2009. April 28-30. London, UK. See
- CARO Workshop 2009. May 04-05. Budapest, Hungary. See
- EICAR 2009. May 11-12. Berlin, Germany. See
- Counter e-Crime Operations Summit. May 12-14. Barcelona,
Spain. See http://www.antiphishing.org /
- NISC 10. May 20-22. St Andrews, Scotland. See
- VB2009. September 23-24 2009. Geneva, Switzerland. See