Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- setup.exe from nowhere eats my CPU
August 31, 2011, 10:12 am
rate this thread
I had problem with unknown setup.exe process. My automatic windows
actualization is currently off, no signs of any adobe/java/other updates
in taskbar. Problemacic process have been turn on for approx 10 mins
without any notifications, eating 90% of my CPU. After that it turned off
and comp back to normal speed. I don't know is it something suspiciour so
Re: setup.exe from nowhere eats my CPU
Where is the setup.exe file that is running? If you don't know, get
SysInternals' Process Explorer to find out.
Since you asked in anti-virus newsgroup, you sure your anti-virus
program isn't updating its program files? Signature updates just
require a database update but a program update to the AV program often
requires running an installer (e.g., setup.exe). Did you configure your
unidentified AV program to prompt when there are program updates or to
automatically perform them without prompt?
- » Really 'dumb' question: why does Linux have viruses? linux virus, linux malware
- — Previous thread in » Anti-Virus Software
- » How can x64 systems run 32-bit software?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Computer Hardware