Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Reasons to get rid of AVAST
November 14, 2014, 4:38 am
rate this thread
1) Doesn't load on startup, doesn't keep registration settings.
2) Slows everything down on a toshiba Satellite, everything slows to a
crawl due to inefficient scanning by AVAST
3) Customer service replies to your email telling you to go to some
webpage and fetch.
4) Latest: Virus definition updates take forever and connect you to some
strange website, possibly my avast has been hacked?
5) It's inevitable: what starts as a good program is screwed up by later
modifications and additions.
Re: Reasons to get rid of AVAST
I use Avast Free and have no such problems on my Win7 HP 64bit computer.
I don't use the Mail Shield scanning or the Web Shield scanning options.
Updates are very fast. Perhaps you are hacked, as you suspect.
Try one of the good free anti-virus online scans and perhaps some free
Try the free SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, and Adwcleaner programs for
- » BOFH: SOOO... You want to sell us some antivirus software?
- — Next thread in » Anti-Virus Software