Re: Shame on You! Malware Bytes Antimalware

Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary.  Now with pictures!

Threaded View


tomt@tommys.place.net wrote:

Quoted text here. Click to load it

If you really did read Buttface's posts, you'd notice that most of them
are littered with words like "you dumbass" or "trolls" and much worse.

He must have hired the professional writer again for the post you
responded to. It is a totally different writing style.

--
   -bts
   -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

Re: Shame on You! Malware Bytes Antimalware

wrote:

Quoted text here. Click to load it

I paid for MBM but ending up taking it off my machine. They did the same
thing to Evidence Eliminator as they did you.  That act was total
political correctness in order to get even with EE for their spamming in
the past. The actions of the publishers of EE has absolutely nothing to
do with the quality of their program. I have been using that program
since it costs somewhere around $29.95 many years ago. That was before
they went crazy and started charging some exorbitant price. Back then,
their program was the most versatile and complete of the 'wipers'.

The fact that MBM would do such an underhanded thing against a fine
program really torqued me. I couldn't even get the damn thing to ignore
EE files entirely.  I lost all faith in its impartiality.

Which other programs or publishers would they blackball simply because
they didn't like the people behind the software?  They should have at
least had the gonads to explain why they block certain software because
of their distaste for the publisher.  Their attitude sucks.  They are
liars who cannot be trusted, as far as I'm concerned. (The fact they
have a cvrpr bs fuvg like Raid [Slam] working for them shows me their
moral character better than anything else.

As for the vendetta taking place in this group, why don't you
hate-filled jerks let the publishers of the so-called stolen software
deal with the plagiarizer, if indeed he is,  and keep your constant
filthy language and anger out of this group. In other words, grow up!

(Matter of fact, I notice that this "software thief" has much better
manners and is far more mature than his hateful enemies.)

Re: Shame on You! Malware Bytes Antimalware

"tommys.place.net" doesn't exist, but I think the folks at
http://www.place.net/ might be interested in knowing about you..
especially since you are "defending" a bogus MVP and fraud.

BTW, *YOU* don't show any posting history anywhere but here. It does
seem funny for a new nym to show up just after Buttsies' latest rant.
Eternal-september accounts can be set up almost instantaneously, and
they don't leave IP / provider trails, perfect for sock puppetry.
The "PCBUTTS 1" we know wouldn't give a rat's ass about theft of
services by using place.net instead of a really invalid domain for a munge.


tomt@tommys.place.net wrote:

Quoted text here. Click to load it

You haven't followed 'his' posting history much, have you?

FWIW,
"Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your
system. Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
http://www.ms-mvp.org /"

Remove-it isn't on http://www.ms-mvp.org/ (64.202.189.170)
That's GoDaddy hosted. They don't do squat on fraud websites, and "play
games" on copyright issues. But Buttsie's cute, his theft's not there.

So
http://209.237.163.173/downloads/Remove-itSA.zip
That's Web.com, there's nothing about copyright issues other than their
own in their TOS.

MBAM "calls it as they see it". Anything that modifies the HOSTS file
the way Buttsie's crapware does is malware, both by their definition as
well as mine (and a large portion of the anti-malware community as well).

His version of a HOSTS file has been blocking anything that would have
spotted his crap for a long time. All MBAM did was to "return the favor".



I haven't gone deep into the code as Dave and others have, but I have
installed Buttsies' crap on a clean virtual machine, as well as 'dirty'
VMs with problems intentionally caught, just to test ButtWare versus
real stuff like MBAM. I've seen Buttface's HOSTS tricks, and his failed
attempts on undoing things that MBAM and others have succeeded with.

It's also funny that his ButtWare only seems to target stuff that shows
up fairly often in newsgroups populated by n00bs.

Re: Shame on You! Malware Bytes Antimalware


Quoted text here. Click to load it

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/pcbutts1.com

--
        --- Everybody has a right to my opinion. ---

Re: Shame on You! Malware Bytes Antimalware

Quoted text here. Click to load it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies,_damned_lies,_and_statistics



Re: Shame on You! Malware Bytes Antimalware

The Fake Truth MostValuablePirate wrote:

Quoted text here. Click to load it

That's not what he wrote. Learn to read and comprehend.

(Actually, it only targets stuff that the original author puts in the
batch file before Butt copies it.)

--
   -bts
   -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

Re: Shame on You! Malware Bytes Antimalware

tomt@tommys.place.net wrote in

Quoted text here. Click to load it

I was asked to post this.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22shdocpl.dll%22
+evidence+eliminator&hl=en&lr=&num=100&filter=0

Have a good day sir.


--
Regards,
Dustin Cook
Malware Researcher
MalwareBytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org
  


No subject

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 14:25:20 -0500, tomt@tommys.place.net wrote:
Quoted text here. Click to load it

Were you also a snitch in school, thinking that gave you power over
the rest of the class?

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Oh, yes, Usenet rule #1: If anyone disagrees with you, discredit
them immediately as a sock or a troll.

Also, my "theft of services" on a scale of 1 to 10 ranks about a -24.

Do you also snitch on your co-workers and friends when they goof?

Of course you do. You don't have the gonads or smarts to earn
attention any other way.

Quoted text here. Click to load it

The dozens of hate-filled posts surrounding his makes it not
worthwhile following all the rants. However, the few posts I have
read of his are not nearly as crazy angry as are the ones by posters
such as yourself. As far as I'm concerned, he has reason to lose it
once in awhile.
Quoted text here. Click to load it

I have no idea what the above illogical rant is about, except that any
website that "plays games" with copyright issues would lose their arse
in lawsuits.

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Whether or not they have a copyright disclaimer would not protect them
in case of a lawsuit. They don't get to dictate when or where
copyright infringement can take place. They are also responsible the
moment a software publisher warns them of the infringement. (Do you
know anything at all about the real world outside of your ridiculous
vendetta with "Buttsie"?)

Quoted text here. Click to load it

If I were a software publisher, I would do the same thing - protect my
product from vigilantes who think they and they alone are the arbiter
of what goes in a Host file without ever documenting their reasons for
such action. By "documenting", I do not mean hearsay or rambling,
illogical rants such as yours. Matter of fact, MBAM has blacklisted
one of the finest "wipers" ever, Evidence Eliminator. It was the
forerunner of all the good "wipers" extant today. Why did they do it?
Because Robin Hood, EE's publishers, were stupid or crooked enough to
hire out their software to "assistants" who spammed the hell outta
Usenet for a period of time. Now, if MBAM would have stated such a
reason for banning EE in their anti malware, one would at least
consider them honest enough not to disclaim the worth of the software
itself. What they did was dishonest. If they did it to side with the
majority on EE, why can't it be also true about why they are doing to
"Buttsie"?

For an outfit like MBAM to endeavor to take the high ground when they
open their software to scum like Raid [Slam] tells me they cannot be
trusted. That's why it is off my machine, despite the fact I paid for
the lifetime version. Matter of a fact, I also hate firewalls that
endeavor to keep me from many sites because they deem them to
commercial and little more than website spam. Let me make that
decision. I don't want to have to turn off my firewall every time I
have to visit a major software site simply because some idiot in a
software company thinks I shouldn't help that site succeed.

I don't like rigid, constipated minds that try to enforce their values
on me.

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Big deal! He removed himself from a Host file. So, exactly how
dangerous is that? Do you have any proof that his programs have harmed
the computers of his customers? I don't see any outrage against that
qnza cvrpr bs fuvg Raid for the computers he has ruined. He did much
more than change a host file, yet you "defenders of the faith" sit in
here and talk to him as if he were a decent human being, when in fact
he is a vicious, cruel sociopath who should never be trusted by
anyone, especially a software company that pretends to be anti malware.
Get real, children!

Quoted text here. Click to load it

More speculation. More guilt by perceived association.

Get a life, you hate mongers and leave this group clear of your rants.
Let the software publishers/authors from whom he is supposed to be
stealing settle their own problems. If it isn't worth their time,
or they simply cannot prove the facts before a court, who are you
people to take up about 3/4 of this group with your hate everyday? The
truth of the matter is you people have frustrating, anger producing
problems in your own lives that you can't or don't have the guts to
handle, so you come in here each day to dump your vitriol.

Get a life, let "Buttsie's" customers decide for themselves whether
his software has harmed them or helped them. (Although, I'm sure now a
few you in the guise of customers will post more manufactured drivel.

By the way, in regard my being a sock, does my writing *really* bear
any similarity to "Buttsie"s?


Re: No subject

tommyt@tommys.place.net wrote in news:6698f4a17453476c6be8299c199be421
@msgid.frell.theremailer.net:

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Naturally, every single one of us who hosts a FAQ or info page about
pcbutts are just ranting. That makes alot of sense. /sarcasm.


Quoted text here. Click to load it

And these lawsuits are free are they? :)
 
Quoted text here. Click to load it

Pure stupidity on your part, being as you've obviously never filed a DMCA
notice in your life; yet you claim the website HAS to do this or that.

It doesn't work that way. Those of us who have had the displeasure of
doing it know better.
 
Quoted text here. Click to load it

Evidence Eliminator has a horrible history. I really have no idea why you
seem to think it's such a fine program.

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Did you mis the post I gave you with the url? Oh hell, just lookup
evidence eliminator in google; you won't find very many urls supporting
it, But you will find alot of users wanting to be rid of it.

Quoted text here. Click to load it

I suspect your a conspiracy nut with the way your ranting and defending
Pcbutts here.
 
Quoted text here. Click to load it

You previously told us it was removed from your machine after the
detection routines were added for EE and we refused to remove them. So, I
doubt it's because I have anything to do with them; you apparently just
like to whine about 10+ year old news. You really do live in the past. 1.
You think EE is the best thing since sliced bread. 2. You think Raid
[Slam] is a big deal; a decade after I retired from the vx scene. I'm a
bit paranoid of you myself now, you seem to be a groupie.

Quoted text here. Click to load it

I don't think many people do.
 
Quoted text here. Click to load it

They aren't his programs. That seems to be something your missing or just
not understanding, here..

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Very lame rot13 work, Did you learn that from our fun with pcbutts
recently? Which computers did I *ever* ruin? Please list.. even one.....

At the same time, I can find lots of posts where my own program BugHunter
has helped people and I've been thanked for it. IT people really enjoy
using it. The first public version has been available since 2005; And in
all this time, not one computer has been intentionally or accidently
harmed or heh, ruined as you say, by BugHunter.

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Sure I am, that's why I've spent years developing software designed to
help people be rid of malicious programs and other junk they don't want.
I'm such a bad bad person, I gave a useful program away since day one!

One of us certainly does need to get real, but it sure as hell isn't me.

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Sir, your the one who seems to have anger producing problems in your own
life and the inability to get over things which happened a very long time
ago. I have the nuts despite my past to atleast post with my real name,
and you just sit and attack me without the balls to let anyone even know
who you are. Your just a nameless face in the crowd, a mindless lemming,
nothing more and nothing less.
 

--
Dustin Cook [Malware Researcher]
MalwareBytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org
BugHunter - http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk

Re: No subject


| On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 14:25:20 -0500, tomt@tommys.place.net wrote:

Quoted text here. Click to load it


| Were you also a snitch in school, thinking that gave you power over
| the rest of the class?

Quoted text here. Click to load it

| Oh, yes, Usenet rule #1: If anyone disagrees with you, discredit
| them immediately as a sock or a troll.

| Also, my "theft of services" on a scale of 1 to 10 ranks about a -24.

| Do you also snitch on your co-workers and friends when they goof?

| Of course you do. You don't have the gonads or smarts to earn
| attention any other way.

Quoted text here. Click to load it



| The dozens of hate-filled posts surrounding his makes it not
| worthwhile following all the rants. However, the few posts I have
| read of his are not nearly as crazy angry as are the ones by posters
| such as yourself. As far as I'm concerned, he has reason to lose it
| once in awhile.

Quoted text here. Click to load it


| I have no idea what the above illogical rant is about, except that any
| website that "plays games" with copyright issues would lose their arse
| in lawsuits.

Quoted text here. Click to load it

| Whether or not they have a copyright disclaimer would not protect them
| in case of a lawsuit. They don't get to dictate when or where
| copyright infringement can take place. They are also responsible the
| moment a software publisher warns them of the infringement. (Do you
| know anything at all about the real world outside of your ridiculous
| vendetta with "Buttsie"?)

Quoted text here. Click to load it


| If I were a software publisher, I would do the same thing - protect my
| product from vigilantes who think they and they alone are the arbiter
| of what goes in a Host file without ever documenting their reasons for
| such action. By "documenting", I do not mean hearsay or rambling,
| illogical rants such as yours. Matter of fact, MBAM has blacklisted
| one of the finest "wipers" ever, Evidence Eliminator. It was the
| forerunner of all the good "wipers" extant today. Why did they do it?
| Because Robin Hood, EE's publishers, were stupid or crooked enough to
| hire out their software to "assistants" who spammed the hell outta
| Usenet for a period of time. Now, if MBAM would have stated such a
| reason for banning EE in their anti malware, one would at least
| consider them honest enough not to disclaim the worth of the software
| itself. What they did was dishonest. If they did it to side with the
| majority on EE, why can't it be also true about why they are doing to
| "Buttsie"?

| For an outfit like MBAM to endeavor to take the high ground when they
| open their software to scum like Raid [Slam] tells me they cannot be
| trusted. That's why it is off my machine, despite the fact I paid for
| the lifetime version. Matter of a fact, I also hate firewalls that
| endeavor to keep me from many sites because they deem them to
| commercial and little more than website spam. Let me make that
| decision. I don't want to have to turn off my firewall every time I
| have to visit a major software site simply because some idiot in a
| software company thinks I shouldn't help that site succeed.

| I don't like rigid, constipated minds that try to enforce their values
| on me.

Quoted text here. Click to load it

| Big deal! He removed himself from a Host file. So, exactly how
| dangerous is that? Do you have any proof that his programs have harmed
| the computers of his customers? I don't see any outrage against that
| qnza cvrpr bs fuvg Raid for the computers he has ruined. He did much
| more than change a host file, yet you "defenders of the faith" sit in
| here and talk to him as if he were a decent human being, when in fact
| he is a vicious, cruel sociopath who should never be trusted by
| anyone, especially a software company that pretends to be anti malware.
| Get real, children!

Quoted text here. Click to load it

| More speculation. More guilt by perceived association.

| Get a life, you hate mongers and leave this group clear of your rants.
| Let the software publishers/authors from whom he is supposed to be
| stealing settle their own problems. If it isn't worth their time,
| or they simply cannot prove the facts before a court, who are you
| people to take up about 3/4 of this group with your hate everyday? The
| truth of the matter is you people have frustrating, anger producing
| problems in your own lives that you can't or don't have the guts to
| handle, so you come in here each day to dump your vitriol.

| Get a life, let "Buttsie's" customers decide for themselves whether
| his software has harmed them or helped them. (Although, I'm sure now a
| few you in the guise of customers will post more manufactured drivel.

| By the way, in regard my being a sock, does my writing *really* bear
| any similarity to "Buttsie"s?


No, you are not a Sock Puppet of Butts.

However, you are naieve on what takes place in reality concerning intellectual
property
rights, copyrights and plagiarism.

In short, Butts is NOT a person to support.  Those who know about him are very
disgusted
with his actions.  Those who support him are immediately negated due to the
perponderance
of evidence against Butts.

Please take the time to do your research before you make a post such as you made.

If you want to see Butts in court - great.  Please provide the monetary funds to
to take
action.

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp



Re: Shame on You! Malware Bytes Antimalware




Quoted text here. Click to load it


| Hugh Janus.

| <shakes head> I'm so ashamed.

| --
| Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

:-)

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp



Site Timeline