Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- New Virus Prevention Application
March 6, 2009, 7:00 pm
rate this thread
Recently I picked up two nasty viruses from inserting infected USB
disks into my PC. Wasted hours of my time to resolve.
Therefore to prevent this from happening again, I developed a small
application that sits in your task bar and does the following:
* Monitors insertion of disk drives into the PC and disables auto-run
* User customisable commands can be executed when a disk drive is
inserted - e.g. run virus scan on inserted disk
* Monitors key system areas for changes to dangerous
* Can quarantine any dangerous file
* Monitors key registry changes
* Monitor start-up folders for changes
* Monitor Windows firewall for changes
* Fully logs any changes that occur
* Fully customisable so that you can turn on and off monitored areas,
quarantine and notifications
* No subscription costs and no database updates required
* Simple and quick to disable quarantine and notifications
You can download it from:
The app is free for 30 days and then has a very small registration
cost that just covers the hours and hours of work put into it.
- Beauregard T. Shagnasty
March 7, 2009, 5:58 pm
Re: New Virus Prevention Application
If you examine PaPa G's profile, you will see he joined that
Usenet-scraping forum a couple days ago, and has sent the exact same
spam to 19 different newsgroups so far. Reported.
Learn how to spell trojan.
-Friends don't let friends drive Windows