Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Is McAfee mirror really a *mirror*?
- Patrick Coghlan
February 17, 2006, 8:34 pm
rate this thread
- use a mirror task to create a local repository on my laptop
- copy the contents (\mirror) to a shared folder
- point autoupdate repository list for other workstations at the local
- have workstations auto-update weekly
One of the users told me that when he manually scanned all fixed disks
there was a message that virus definitions were several months old.
This surprised me, although I had noticed in the past that few new files
were ever created under \mirror.
If I manually run the latest superdat .exe file on each workstation, the
fixed disk scan will run without the messages re: old virus definitions,
but why isn't having the workstations auto-update from my mirror not
achieving the same result?
Re: Is McAfee mirror really a *mirror*?
So WHICH McAfee product includes disk or partition mirroring?
Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.
For e-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#VN" to Subject.
- » Opinions on Trend Micro vs. McAfee products, please.
- — Previous thread in » Anti-Virus Software