Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Help please!
April 24, 2005, 10:35 pm
rate this thread
Re: Help please!
| I have tried everyway I know to get rid of a strange virus/trojan that wont
| go away.Every time I open Internet Explorer or windows explorer my AVG pops
| up and tells me Downloader.small.37.bs is in my pc.It wont let me heal or
| delete it.Any help would be appreciated.
Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)
Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Delete Files
Dump the contents of the Mozilla FireFox Cache
Tools --> Options --> Privacy --> Cache --> Clear
1) Download TrendMicro Sysclean by other of the following 2 methods
Trend Sysclean Method 1
Trend Sysclean Package
Latest Trend signature files.
Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
Download the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt598.zip
Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the contents in the same
Trend Sysclean Method 2
Download the utility SYSCLEAN_FE at the following URL --
SYSCLEAN_FE automates the download and execution process of the Trend Sysclean
Direct URL --
2) Download Ad-aware SE (free personal version v1.05)
Update Ad-aware with the latest definitions.
3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as
5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Ad-aware, perform a Full Scan
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
8) Reboot your PC.
9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
* * * Please report back your results * * *7
Re: Help please!
"Downloader.small.37.bs", is also removed by Microsoft Anti Spyware beta
program if you are using win 2000 or XP.
I also discovered AVG would not remove it, nor would trend's house call that
I use to check up on the free AVG version.
However, David is far more experienced than Ii, and his advice is one to
JR the postman