Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Have Tibick!
March 27, 2005, 9:06 am
rate this thread
Re: Have Tibick!
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 01:06:41 -0800, you wrote:
Tibick apparently comes in various flavors (A, B, C, etc.), so removal
procedures may vary a bit depending on the type you have.
Though I'm no great fan of NAV, Symantec's removal instructions
usually seem pretty comprehensive. So, for a start, you might look
Here are some specific A, B, and C pages:
I'm sure a bit more googling will come up with more, but I need to
sleep now! :-)
PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Re: Have Tibick!
| On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 01:25:55 -0800, Melissa
| Melissa, Thanks.
| My virus checker tells me I have Tibick.l (????) So I'll just proceed
| with Symantic's instructions....
You can also try the TrendMicro Sysclean utility.
It is a broad-spectrum removal tool and targets this P2P infector.
1) Download the following two items...
Trend Sysclean Package
Latest Trend signature files.
Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop
(e.g., "C:\Documents and Settings\lipman\Desktop\New Folder")
Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
Download the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt518.zip
Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the contents in the same
2) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as
4) Using the Trend Sysclean utility, perform a Full Scan of your platform and
clean/delete any infectors found
5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform
6) If you are using WinME or WinXP, Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
7) Reboot your PC.
8) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
* * Please report back your results * *