Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- 40 Reasons Why You DO N’T Need An Antivir us
December 12, 2014, 8:47 pm
rate this thread
40 Reasons Why People Think They DON’T Need An Antivirus
There is no way around it: viruses do exist, trojans do infiltrate your
PC, and most users will act to guard against them. With software, but
also with sensible behavior online. Malware relies partly on users doing
the hard work for them. Most of the time you know when you are straying
into the murkier waters of the internet. Do you ever think that your
good behavior is enough to protect you from attacks, and that antivirus
software is not necessary?
You may be right. Here are 40 reasons why you don’t need an antivirus:
Fred W. (NL)
Re: 40 Reasons Why You DONT Need An Antivirus
And not one of them is:
41. You run windows 98, a version of windows that (by design or just
dumb luck) is incredibly less vulnerable to remote exploit and
control, heap sprays and buffer over-runs as its supposedly more
superior and "secure" NT cousins. You've seen browser exploits
and droppers fail miserably as they try to hook themselves into
an imaginary service handler or make calls to non-existant API's.
- » Mysterious Russian Malware (SoakSoak) Is Infecting 100,000+ Wordpress Sites
- — Next thread in » Anti-Virus Software
- » DuckTurd Replies To Posts Despite Having Us Filtered - How Does That Work? I Figured It Ou...
- — Previous thread in » Anti-Virus Software