Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Vista 64 and 4 GB of RAM on TL-60
August 2, 2008, 3:56 am
rate this thread
Re: Vista 64 and 4 GB of RAM on TL-60
Why would anyone own a 64 bit OS, if all they could ever use was
3GB of RAM ? That would be a pretty significant dis-incentive to
purchasing a 64 bit OS.
With the right combination of 64 bit OS, and 64 bit program,
you can have a process that has access to a lot of RAM. Otherwise,
if you're reusing mostly old programs, and just seek to bump
up the physical RAM present, and switch to a 64 bit OS, about
all you're getting, is the ability to run a lot more processes.
The programs should be compiled "large address aware", if you
want to extend their reach.
"Memory Limits for Windows Releases"
Like so many performance issues, you can never get the info
you need, from the companies that write the programs. "Pushing
the envelope", will not be easy.
- » Suppressing 5.18 "experimental" warnings without changing all my code?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » PERL Discussions
- » Earn few Bucks instantly By simply registering Or by referring somebody
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Anti-Virus Software