Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Phenom x6, initial impression
May 4, 2010, 7:54 am
rate this thread
Just installed this tonight, put it into a Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H with the
latest F7beta bios, and using
first to make sure it detected all the cores.
Changed the settings to 4ghz & 1.5v vcore, and with a noctua dh-14 heatsink
it's peaking out around 55C after 1/2hr of prime95 on all cores. This is a
full 0.1v less than my 955BE C3 is stable at, so I'm very impressed, and I'd
imagine the x6 can run at 4ghz with even lower voltage or even higher
Whatever new power-saving circuitry they added works even with cool&quiet
disabled. I'm very happy with this purchase, especially at only $30 over a
4 core 965BE, after rebates.
Re: Phenom x6, initial impression
That sounds great. More performance, less heat :-)
I'm considering one for my Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UDH3, which has a 4/2010 BIOS
update for new CPU recognition. I can then move the "old" 855 to an AM2+
motherboard which can use it.
- » Can a LE-1620 @2.4 ghz decode a blue ray movie, via PowerDVD 9 ?
- — Next thread in » Overclocking AMD Processors
- » HELP: underclock & Undervolt Mobile Duron - Morgan Core
- — Previous thread in » Overclocking AMD Processors