Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- transparent PNG supported by most browsers?
October 17, 2011, 9:58 pm
rate this thread
newsgroup on my news server I'll ask the question here.
When I last looked into this question a couple years ago, the advice I
got was, don't use transparent PNG images, they are not or not well
supported by many browsers.
What's the situation today? It seems to work fine on IE8 and Firefox as
well as the Symbian and Opera on my smart phone. I don't know about
So, can I assume transparent png support is widespread enough these days?
- Jonathan N. Little
October 17, 2011, 10:24 pm
Re: transparent PNG supported by most browsers?
A more accurate statement is "they not well supported by many versions
of MSIE" The 1-bit transparency (like a GIF) is not too bad IE6 supports
that, but alpha channel transparency requires IE9 to catch up with the
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
- » float problem, second of two boxes is being pushed down when opening favoritesIE/or left b...
- — Previous thread in » HTML Markup Language
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum