Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- menus sometimes don't work, why?
- Ed Dickerson
January 19, 2006, 6:28 pm
rate this thread
- Beauregard T. Shagnasty
January 19, 2006, 9:25 pm
Re: menus sometimes don't work, why?
http://www.relationshipsrx.com (Please use the http:// too)
Your popup span only works when you *hover* the link. Once the mouse
leaves the hover area, the white box with the text will close, as
Heh, I thought you were trying to make the stuff in the white box a
submenu and .. thought I was supposed to click it. This is a Bad Idea™.
Coupla more tips:
* your flyups cover the "Relationships Rx". Odd placement to begin.
* don't change the size of the link text upon hover, it makes the whole
* what is "Internet Explorer Menu" supposed to mean? I'm using Firefox.
* when I increase my text size, all your content falls out of its boxes.
Start using percentages for font sizes, ems for box sizes.
* drop Verdana and use: font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
Google for why. Oh heck:
* if you meant the popout thingies on the sidebars, well, they are
annoying. Visitors will poor motor control, or who use the keyboard
instead of the mouse are out of luck. Look into a:focus as well.
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer